1 White potato, peeled and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1oz unsalted butter or olive oil
¼ cup milk – use breast milk or formula
2oz grated mild Cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350° F.
2. Put the white and sheet potatoes into a
saucepan and cover with water.
3. Bring to a boil then cook for around 20 minutes,
uncovered, until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes, and then place them in a
bowl and mash with garlic, butter and milk.
5. Place in a baking dish and top with the cheese
6. Bake for around 30 minutes, until nice and brown.
Your family will love this quinoa recipe, which is a healthy alernative to regular pancakes.
It is also a great way not to waste cooked quinoa leftovers (if you use cooked quinoa,
you need 1 cup (250ml)).
½ cup (125ml) PC Organics Quinoa
½ cup (125ml) PC Organics Whole Wheat
2 tsp. (10ml) Baking Soda
2 PC Blue Menu Omega-3
Eggs – Large
1 cup (250ml) Milk
¼ cup (50ml) Melted butter
2 tbsp. (25ml) PC 100% Pure Maple Syrup
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup (250ml) of water
to a boil. Add the quinoa. Reduce heat to low,
cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from Heat
and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda,
cooled quinoa, eggs, milk, butter, and maple syrup;
stir together until smooth.
3. Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking
spray and heat it to medium-high heat. Cook the
pancakes one at a time, using ¼ cup (50ml) of
batter for each. Cook 2 minutes or until the surface
starts to bubble and the sides turn golden. Turn over
and cook two more minutes.
4. Serve with additional maple syrup or with PC
Twice the Fruit spreads.
Makes six servings. Per serving:
160 calories, fat 3g (saturated fat 0.5g), sodium 160mg, carbohydrates 27g, fibre 2g, protein 6g.