It’s true, I do love my car testing activities. The new car smell, the gadgets, the music and the kid friendly accompaniments, it makes me a little jealous. Seriously, this is fun stuff, especially when you can open up the car and let her hum down the 401. Having just given back my latest car, a 2013 Verano Turbo, I realize how unhappy I am with my current 8 year old car.
Bessie, as I like to call her, has been with me for 8 years. She has never let me down, ever. Even when I have driven her past the empty mark and run her on fumes, she has been there for me. I brought home two of my three babies in this car, it has history and my respect.
Each time I am handed a new set of keys however I wonder, is this the one that will replace Bessie. Better yet, is this the vehicle I will drive my oldest daughter to her first day of hight school? Or in the scary but true file, will this be the car that my daughter drives on her first date?
Cars evoke memories of childhood drives with my hair flying behind me as I pushed my face towards the open window. The goosebumps, as I parked at my first All-Nighter Drive In movie with your high school BFF’s, looking for trouble. Finally, the stomach punch and loss of feeling in your fingers emotion, the first time you see cherries flashing in your rear view mirror. Which car will share those moments with my oldest daughter in the not to distant future?
During my Verano test drive I became slightly addicted to a “new-to-me” app Vine. This is my first Vine remix.
My next reviews are lined up, but after this last car review I found myself feeling resentment at the slow response time of my standard transmission, the limited number of musical choices available to me and the little bit of race car driver DNA that exposed itself to me when I got behind the wheel.
The top five loves of the Verano:
1. The trunk space: groceries, hockey equipment, swimming gear all fit without an issue.
2. The pick up. No not me picking up, I am a married woman, I’m talking about the rate at which the car was able to execrate when passing…just awesome.
3. Music, I am a huge fan of local radio but satellite radio is my new best friend.
4. All three kids fit in the back seat, boosters and all, without any arguing. That is a feat in itself.
5. The sporty design makes me think my moving into my next phase of life. You know the part where you no longer are changing diapers but instead working on improving yourself.
So that is my honest review. I loved driving the Verano Turbo, but it made me want re evaluate my current commuter vehicle. I drive 100 km every work day, I need a car that inspires. I wonder if inspiration can buy me a car?
This is a link to the brochure from GM about the Verano if you are looking for specifics. Thank you to GM Canada for supplying me with a vehicle to drive to #FBC2013. It was a blast to drive and suited my families needs very well.